The 2014 Laureate Global Fellowship is now accepting applications.
About the Fellowship
Sponsored by the Sylvan/Laureate Foundation, the Laureate Global Fellowship annually recognizes 20 young leaders who have pioneered solutions to urgent challenges in their communities and beyond. Fellows develop leadership expertise and deepen their impact through a dynamic, yearlong learning experience, and join a network of over 900 change-makers like them who continue to benefit from learning opportunities and connections throughout their social change careers. Learn more about the Fellowship experience, and read this blog post about our approach to leadership development.
- Application opens on February 10, 2014
- Applications must be submitted by March 16, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST
- All applicants will be notified of their status by May 26, 2014
- The retreat will take place in October 2014
Applicants must be:
- 18 – 29 years old as of October 1, 2014
- Founders or co-founders of existing ventures with at least one year of impact
- Fluent in English (applications must be completed in English)
- Able to attend a week-long leadership retreat in October 2014 in Lima, Peru
About the Application
In order to provide our applicants with an outlet to clearly and thoroughly explain their ventures and personal journey, the application consists of the following components, all of which must be completed.
- Video – The video is a mandatory portion of the application. If you do not submit a video, your application will not be considered. Your video will be the first opportunity we have to see your passion, knowledge, and unique perspective. We hope you will be specific and succinct in explaining your personal relationship to your work (why you do what you do), the steps you have made towards change (what your venture does), and what a successful future looks like for your venture.
We understand that there are varying degrees of technology access around the world. Whether filmed on a camera phone, laptop, or something more high-tech, all applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of video quality. We prefer a lower-quality video that directly addresses our questions to a professionally-produced video that does not adequately answer our questions. We are looking for authenticity. If you need help uploading your video or accessing the embed code, visit this guide.
- Narrative Application – Within this section you will provide us with details that support what we learned in the video. Please remember to thoroughly describe your work in a way that an outsider with no knowledge of the issue you are addressing would understand. Help us understand the specific programs, projects, and activities that your venture offers. We are interested in your long-term vision, but it is important for us to understand your current activities. You must provide all requested information within the narrative application.
- References – You will be asked to enter the contact information for two references who can discuss your eligibility for the fellowship.
- Supporting Documents – You will have the opportunity to submit up to three additional documents that may provide judges with a better understanding of your project.