Laureate Global Fellowship Terms & Conditions
2017 Rules & Guidelines
- The applicant must be proficient in English.
- Applications will be accepted in English only.
- The applicant must be 18 – 29 years of age at some point between January - December 2017
- The applicant must be a founder or co-founder, and currently a key decision maker, of a social venture. The founder or co-founder is defined as the person who, either alone or as part of a team, is responsible for conceiving and establishing the social venture.
- A social venture is defined as a project, organization, or business that uses social impact as a defining guidepost.
- Ventures can be non-profit, for-profit, or combine elements of both.
- Ventures can be stand-alone organizations or operating within an existing organization.
- Ventures can be legally registered or unregistered at the time of application.
- Only one co-founder per venture may submit an application.
- The venture must have demonstrated at least one year of impact at the time the application is submitted.
- In the case that you cannot submit an online application, Word document applications may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please save your application as “FirstName.LastName.2017” and attach the file to the email with the email’s subject line reading: “2017 Word Application – LAST NAME”. Please save using the .doc format, not .docx. Applications sent via email must be received no later than 11:59 PM US Eastern Standard Time on March 6, 2017.
- The YouthActionNet team reserves the right to interview applicants at its discretion during the application review period.
Terms & Conditions
Fellowships may be revoked at any time when deemed necessary by the YouthActionNet team at the International Youth Foundation.
By applying for a YouthActionNet Fellowship, applicants agree to the following:
- Anonymous data from all applications may be used to inform YouthActionNet’s sector research.
- Fellowship recipients are required to submit information for a publication highlighting YouthActionNet Fellows and their work.
- Fellowship recipients must participate fully in fellowship activities, including travel to a retreat in Spain October 2-10, 2017, as well as virtual learning opportunities over the course of the year. Retreat costs including Spanish visa fees, airfare, ground transportation in Spain, accommodation, and group meals will be paid by the International Youth Foundation.
By submitting your application, you attest to having read and agreed to the above terms and conditions.
In order to provide our applicants with the opportunity to clearly and thoroughly explain their ventures and personal journey, this application consists of seven core sections, which must be completed in order for an application to be reviewed. There is one additional section which is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Basic Information. This section asks for basic information about you, including contact information.
- Video Submission. Using guidelines provided in this application, you will create an original short video and post it online. Your video will be the first opportunity we have to see your passion, knowledge, and unique perspective. We hope you will be specific and succinct in explaining what you do, how you do it, and why you’re passionate about your work. While creativity is encouraged, we care more about content than production quality.
- Tell Us About You. This section gives you an opportunity to share some of your background, what kind of leader you are, what your learning needs are, as well as any other leadership or social entrepreneurship accolades you’ve received.
- Your Venture. This section focuses on key elements of your social venture, including core activities, beneficiaries, impact, and achievements.
- Your Business Model. Questions in this section ask you to discuss your venture’s funding structure, revenue generation strategies, and partnerships.
- Additional Information. Questions in this section are used primarily for statistics and program learning; they do not affect your eligibility for the fellowship.
- References. You will be asked to enter the contact information for two references who can discuss your eligibility for the fellowship. Family members may not serve as a reference. References must be from two different organizations.
- Supporting Documents. You will have the opportunity to submit up to three additional documents that may provide judges with a better understanding of your venture. This section is optional but highly encouraged.
Return to the Apply page.